Mammoth-San Manuel Unified School District
Students pose together in a classroom

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register my child for school?

If you are new to our area and need to register for school, simply visit the school office. We are happy to help you fill out the necessary paperwork for registration. When you come, please be sure to bring the following documents with you:

  • Your child’s birth certificate
  • Your child’s immunization records
  • Proof of residency (in the form of a utility bill)
  • Any records from your child’s previous school
Back to Top

What time does school start and end?

Elementary: Monday through Friday, 8:25 a.m.–2:40 p.m. 
Jr./Sr. High School: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
On early release days, the elementary school dismisses at 11:00 a.m., and the Jr./Sr. high school dismisses at 12:00 p.m.

Back to Top

What's for lunch and how much does it cost?

Find out what's for lunch and how much we charge on our Food Services page. 
Back to Top

How can I receive a tax credit when I make a donation to a district school?

We are so grateful for your donation. To contribute funds through the Arizona ECA program, just stop by our Tax Credit page to get all your questions answered and to download our donation form. Mail it in or drop it off, and we'll take it from there!

Back to Top

What do I need to do if my child will be absent from school or if I need to take him/her to a medical or other appointment during the school day?

If at all possible, please try to schedule medical appointments during non-school hours. Being in school is important for the success your child. If you know your child will be absent, please send a note to your child’s teacher explaining the circumstances and dates of the absence. We will try our best to get any work together that your child might miss. If your child is sick, please call the office the morning of the absence and let us know where your child is. Not only do we want to make sure your child is safe, we also want to mark your child as “excused.” If we do not receive a call or note explaining the absence, we will record it as “unexcused.”

Back to Top